NutriCAST (biohumus) – is a natural organic fertilizer. It is a natural means for recultivation of the soil. NutriCAST is capable of bringing back life to degraded ground and significantly increase fertility of soil. Research has shown that by incorporating Vermicast into soil or plant growth production it can significantly increase yields and has also shown disease suppressive qualities.
WHAT IS VERMICAST?
It is well known that earthworms are keystone soil organisms in regulating nutrient cycling in ecosystems through:
- their own metabolism that leads to high availability of carbon and nitrogen
- the dispersal and the stimulation of soil microorganism activity associated with passage through the intestinal tract and
- the distribution and the mixing of organic matter and soil mineral particles.
Vermicast, have high and diverse enzymatic and microbial activities and contents, a fine particulate structure, good moisture-holding capacity and contain nutrients such as nitrogen, potassium, and calcium in forms readily taken up by plants.
BENEFITS OF NutriCAST:
- High nutritional value.
- Has high water holding capacity.
- Improves Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC).
- Beneficial effects on the physical chemical and biological characteristics of soil.
Addition of NutriCAST to soil improves the soil environment, encouraging the proliferation of roots, which in turn draw more water and nutrients from larger areas.